If you need to talk to someone
SuicideLine Victoria is a 24/7 telehealth provider that offers free professional phone and online counselling for people living in Victoria.
You do not require a medical referral to initiate contact. This means you can access free professional counselling anywhere, at a time that is convenient to you.
With its less confronting approach, many people find phone and online counselling a helpful alternative to face-to-face counselling. Our qualified counsellors specialise in working with suicide-related issues, and will assist you in working through difficult emotions. The counsellor will help you with goal planning, ensuring your own safety, and help to link you to other services in the community.
All staff managing our telephone or online counselling services are qualified professional counsellors, social workers or psychologists, trained to follow a contextual counselling and problem solving process to listen, understand you, and help you find ways to feel better. While you should always call 000 if it’s an emergency, we can help anyone who is affected by suicide, which includes:
- Anyone who is thinking about suicide
- Anyone who is concerned about someone
- Anyone who is caring for someone who is feeling suicidal
- Anyone who is bereaved by suicide
- Health professionals supporting people who are affected by suicide.
Call SuicideLine Victoria on 1300 651 251 to talk with a counsellor anywhere, anytime.
Access SuicideLine Victoria online counselling and chat with a counsellor anywhere, anytime.
- Register your details
- Passwords should be at least twelve characters long, with upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols like ! ” ? $ % ^ & ) to ensure it is strong and secure.
- Verify your email address by clicking the link in the validation email that will get sent to the email address provided
- Login to SuicideLine Victoria online counselling
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the service
- Select either online chat or video chat to speak with a professional counsellor.
Please note this service is only available to people living in Victoria aged 15 years and older. Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance to people outside Australia and we recommend you contact your nearest support service.