Emergency contact information
If you need immediate advice and support use the phone to call:
- an ambulance – 000
- the police (for a welfare check, or if the person has a weapon or is in a dangerous situation) – 000
- SuicideLine – 1300 651 251, or another crisis telephone service, if you are outside Victoria (see below)
- Poisons Information – 131 126 (if the person has ingested a poison, taken a lot of medication, or consumed alcohol in combination with medication)
- the person’s own doctor, counsellor or psychologist
- the local Public Emergency Mental Health Service. Choose your state below to find the service that covers your area.